This tutorial is a continuation of Getting Started With CWL, Getting Started With WDL, Getting Started With Galaxy, and Getting Started With Nextflow. Please complete one or more of those tutorials that is relevant to you prior to doing this one.
Creating a Dockstore Account¶
- Create a Dockstore account
- Link to relevant third party services
Register on Dockstore¶
Before you can publish your new tool, you need to create a Dockstore account and link the relevant services. Dockstore supports login through GitHub using OAuth2. You can register at the login/register page.
You can also login with your Google Account. This is required to use the workflow sharing feature for users coming from Terra.
Your username will be visible in any public tool or workflow that you have.
If you register with GitHub, we will default to your GitHub username. As of 1.5.0, if you register with Google, we will default to the email associated with your Google account.
Changing your username¶
You can change your username in the onboarding wizard during setup or from the accounts page at the Dockstore Account Controls tab.
Currently you can only change your username when the following conditions are true:
- You do not have any published tools or workflows
- You do not have anything shared by you to other users through the permissions tab for workflows
For Google users, your initial username will include an @ symbol. We recommend you change your username to something that is not an email to avoid unwanted email.
- Jump to the workflow registration section if you are writing workflows, e.g. Nextflow or Galaxy
- Follow the next tutorial to register a tool on Dockstore. This wizard also
also describes how to setup the
dockstorecommand line tool after linking your accounts.
Upon completion you will be ready to use Dockstore.